Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Barack Obama

It was an overwhelming sight to see in downtown Chicago last night. I didn't step into the rally but was able to soak up the peace and love on the streets of a town where I've meandered a majority of my life. I had never seen a moment of joy in Chicago quite like last night. Vendors filled the areas surrounding Grant Park, selling everything from light-up buttons to dollar bills with Obama's face imprinted...American flags sold by Central American accents, smiling so full of life and wonderment, watching the tears flow....

Did you watch the Young@Heart documentary yet? The epic journey of their performance of the following song is a pretty spectacular sight to see. (I couldn't find a film clip on youtube so thanks to Lee Dorsey/Allen Toussaint and the person who posted it for this incredible song...)

And speaking of hearts, who would have thought POLITICS could have one?

I'll be back soon with some photos from last night. We are on the threshold of some very powerful times....

1 comment:

nikki said...

I do have some pictures of that evening but they are no different than the images that have oversaturated the media over the past few weeks. I cannot even begin to fathom the media electricity of this man's presidency, when he keeps saying over and over again that it's up to US to assist in this global transformation of thought...