Thursday, May 14, 2009

R.I.P. Marley 1993-2009

He was the silliest lil boy kitty. "Ask my older brother about his cat."

This little fuzzy outgoing black cat followed one of my brothers back to a party after leaving a bar and slept on his chest all night. The next morning when I awoke, still finishing up high school at the time, my brother comes in my room....Nikki, want a kitty?

The street kitty used to hang around McDonalds in our hometown where he was fed cheeseburger scraps and therefore went crazy anytime he thought he smelled Macdo. He was terrified of brooms and thunderstorms. He had a thick thick thick coat and when he would groom himself sometimes the gray hairs got stuck in his mouth so it looked like he had a little old man kitty beard.

Was he named for Ziggy or Bob? We don't really know. We just knew he was happy like a reggae song.

Marley never got along with the kitty I already adopted, Minga (1992-2005) so he stayed at my parents' house until just this last Tuesday where he died in the company of his human Granny and BooBoo, another black cat who traveled in the carnival before landing on the Indiana homestead.

RIP little Marley. The funny lil cubby/kitty all stuffed with fluff. Sweet sweet lil boy he was....

1 comment:

pamela said...

Oh, Nikki, not you, too! -sigh- It's like losing an old, best friend. These creatures that sort of store our journeys as they share our lives. And suddenly, one day, their familiar purr, or cuddles, or simply their devoted presence is gone. I cried again for Phoebe tonight, and found my way to your eulogy for Marley. He sounds like a character, with his black-hair moustache.

I'm sorry you lost your pal, and I very much understand, and offer sympathy for, your sadness.