Friday, November 22, 2013

Ho Ho Ho, Who wouldn't go....

Greetings.

Somehow twenty years just slapped me in the face yesterday.  I arranged another hangout with my former high school art teacher and brought along an amazing artist, mom, dancer-turned-psychologist friend from high school senior art class to join in the fun.  We sat and yapped and drank and ate and reminisced and laughed and yapped some more for about four hours yesterday.  This particular friend struggled with a high school pregnancy when we were young and we even meandered through the first two years of higher education after that together.  Her son is now 20.  Whaaa?!  That's crazy.  We were young and confused back then and seemed so much older and wiser as we discussed days of yore.  Still battle little hang-ups and insecurities and decisions that seem to froth at the mouth with each angle we try to approach them from.  But it was all so delightful.

....but twenty years!?!?  Really!?!?!?  Twenty friggin years!?!?

Anyway.

The holidays have descended upon us yet again.   Hanukkah is Thanksgiving this year and Thanksgiving is just the start of Black Friday.  I really feel for those poor retail workers having to cut Turkey dinner early to go punch that time clock and deal with the MANIACS again this year.  Don't get me wrong...I love shopping for Christmas gifts and live on a budget and am always seeking extra discounts and ways to save.  But it's not my EVERYTHING.  Luckily, I get to sleep in til 7:45 a.m. Black Friday morning before I go figure things out in Small Business Land.  I'm thinking good thoughts.  Feeling some positive vibrations, mon.  We shall see where this year takes us.  Hopefully a little richer so I can actually get a raise for the ten added responsibilities I have taken on since taking over as manager of the boutique.

I really could use a financial break.  Really really could.

Sigh.

No comments: