Friday, June 21, 2013

beginning again...

And so the changes continue as I step into my new roles.  "Retail is retail," is what a coworker stated last week, and while this is true, it still takes some getting used to whenever you take on a new line of sales.  Going from books and multimedia to fashion is a HUGE change.  Conversations are different, opinion matters, sharing somewhat superficial thoughts about accesorizing a dress is a completely different realm than books.  But it's not bad.  It's easier.  Not that 'easy' is something I was striving for...in fact, one full week in and I'm worried if I will be able to stick with the new gig long-term.  But one thing is for CERTAIN: I am SO happy I am not sitting at home collecting unemployment.  That would have driven me CRAZY and my stress levels would be over the sun, moon and stars and even BEYOND.

My last day at the bookstore was bittersweet.  I will most certainly miss it.  I was given a chocolate cake with french script.  It read:

Quel dommage!
Le depart de Nikki
Nous vous manquerons
Bon au revoir notre amie
a bientot

It was a sweet tribute.  And we went for a few drinks after work for a lovely sendoff.  Such good good memories I will have.

And so this week has felt somewhat adventurous.  I've been exploring new public transport routes and learning a new suburb's ins and outs.  And i actually love the fact that I will be splitting my time between two stores.  It's a nice variety.  So we shall see  My new schedule is strange and it doesn't do much for my social life NOR my marriage.  But again, I am relieved to have a job and not be sitting around chewing my fingernails looking for work.

I borrowed The Life and Times of Frida Kahlo again from the library.  And I was feeling motivated, if not only for a second, to try and make art from this thing that I call my life.  Especially as I move forward with this change. 

On verra, mes amis.  On verra.

No comments: