Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Workin' workin' workin'

Whew!  Just finished a nine day work stretch.  How the hell did I work three jobs AND take classes in the 90s?  I dunno.  Funny how age just suddenly creeps up on us like it does.

As of today, I have eight more shifts at the bookstore.  I have nearly been in tears saying goodbye to people.  And I am sure as the last days continue some real tears will indeed be shed.  I have been so comfortable in my position, like it was something that suited me so well.  I am sad.  It's a very bittersweet farewell.

I have been starting up the new gig and learning all the ropes.  I am hanging my head in sadness as vacation becomes some elusive thing.  And a pay cut.  And expensive health insurance.  I have already reworked my new budget and it's sad.  Thank God for free events.  (Sharon Van Etten was awesome Monday night!)

I am hoping a creative surge hits again.  Working like this sucks the life out of me....

No comments: