Friday, August 2, 2013

Le mois d'aout

It's the second day of August, and summer is flying by so fast.  I've been working a lot, spending a lot and walking a lot.  Actually, I'm not spending nearly as much as other people i know, but for me, it's substantial.  I purged lots of old clothes and am making room for the new.  I got a raise and a promotion, so really I ought to be smart and save save save.  But I guess it's been a while since I've been able to treat myself and so I am doing just that.

Hello green Fly London wedges!  Minnetonka fringe sandals!  Caroline Gardner reed diffuser!  Skunkfunk bag!  Orla Kiely book bag!  Thrift store books!  Criterion movies!  Oh me oh me oh my!  Can I just say that everything but the Fly Londons were deeply discounted?

I took a stroll downtown today, fighting all the crowds from that big old three-day music festival that hits Chicago each summer.  I remember when that L word festival was truly an alternative outing during the oh so alternative nineties.  My how things have changed. I was talking to a younger employee the other day about the olden days.  Haha.  It's funny that I've reached that point in my life where the youngins ask me questions about those days of yore...

I had an enjoyable day at that other three day music festival that hits Chicago each summer.  The P one. I was surprised to discover how much I thoroughly enjoyed hearing The Breeders perform the 1993 album Last Splash.  Took me back.

Happy August.

No comments: