Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Meow-y Christmas

I had an in-depth conversation with my cat today.  She sauntered to the computer desk, yawning and ohhhhh, she can't even!  She seemed to be having an existential crisis and I could kind of relate.  Somewhat, anyway.  She was like, 'oh, life is so grand as a cat.  I can sit in any chair i want and do nothing all day and I have owners to pet me and love me and take a million pictures of me all the livelong day.  But is this all there is to life?'  And I was like, 'Penelope, don't even!  Would you rather your life be filled with panic and anxiety and worry and taking crap from people and feeling like you're just floating from one job to the next for years on end?'  Suddenly, her PTSD kicked in and she scurried to safety from an unknown fear that strikes her out of the blue sometimes.  I didn't see her for a few hours, and then when she jumped up in front of the computer again to get my attention, she had a look in her eye.  She understood me and head-butted me and meowed and cooed and snuggled.  Then I tried to pick her up and she ran like she always does.  She's an independent little thing, but even independent little things need Good Bonds in their lives.

Anyway, I told Penelope today that I wanted to get rid of the bad energy faux friend bonds from days of yore and use my animal instincts to forge more of those Good Bonds in life.  She's gonna hold me to it, I think.

No comments: