Thursday, August 20, 2009

on tenterhooks

Again, falling down on the comedy these past few days! I suppose you can't really go hunting down comedy in the seemingly big bad world. It must come naturally. I'm not there yet.

Sunday marks 33 years on Planet Earth for this female. Has it really been 33 years?

Random thoughts:

1. I am tired of shoplifters.

2. I am really ready for fall and my big black boots again.

3. I enjoyed Audrey Niffenegger's new book so much that I wrote her to thank her for a glorious work of art. She wrote back describing these weeks before its release as being 'on tenterhooks' and thanks for reassuring her.

4. I had to look up the phrase 'on tenterhooks.'

5. I had originally gone to France in 2005 to write for five months and come back with finished rough draft of manuscript in hand. I did not, however, account for the language division when my brain cuts itself in half to speak another language.

6. I have itchy feet to get the heck outta Chicago.

For right now, that's all I've got.

No comments: