Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Dreams for an insomniac

So one of the unfortunate aspects of bipolar sometimes is sleepless nights.  I think I read some study correlating the bipolar mind with migratory birds who go without sleep for days.  It's not good.  I'm getting older and I need that rest.  One night of no sleep results in poor digestion the entire next day and if it continues onto two, three, four nights there is a potential for mania to take over.

I have a lot stewing in my mind and it just seems like it's not ready for sleep.  I'm not feeling too keen on sharing the details but it suffices to say I'm Stressed. And no me gusta stress.

I want to hideaway and work in a factory or something doing production work where my immediate peers are task-oriented, team players and efficient.  I want to clock out and roll down the brontosaurus neck and go off to enjoy an enriching life with an ideal group of friends and loved ones.  Instead I constantly feel like I have to blow off steam.  The stress of working in and with the public has me down.  I'm walking on eggshells.

I wish I could sleep tonight.  My old soul needs its rest.  I need proper rejuvenating each night.

No comments: