Friday, November 28, 2014

Ativan, Turkey and Black Friday

I had to leave work early due to stomach issues.  I don't quite know where they came from.  Is it a bug?  Is it effects from my flu shot last week?  Is it Ativan withdrawal?  Could most definitely be the Ativan withdrawal.  I'm trying not to rely on an addicting benzo daily to get me by.  But I've been on it for four years.  I got off of it for a bit, experienced flu-like symptoms during withdrawal and survived it, but ended up BACK on it after a terrible time trying a new drug on the market over the summer.  Ugh.  Will it ever end?

I'm trying some essential oils, too.  We shall see.

I didn't overeat on Thanksgiving yesterday.  So it can't be that.

Nerves?  Have nerves taken me over again?  I surely hope not.  I've been sleeping fairly well and I have LOADS of experience working holiday retail.

Whatevs.  I left work early on Black Friday and came home, put on my jammies and have been resting.  Hopefully this subsides by the morning?  Otherwise I'm in for a hellish few days at work.  Because I can't call off on our busiest days of the year.  God, help me!  Or maybe I just need to take the damn Ativan again.  Ugh.

I am trying to look forward to things.  The holidays always blur by but I'm trying so hard to enjoy them this year.  My brother is arriving next weekend.  I have another concert in a few weeks, which should bring a smile on my face to see one of my favorite musicians LIVE IN PERSON once again.  As long as I can hide out and dodge the chitter-chatter.  Man, I still don't understand the chitter-chatter.  Will I ever know?

I am gearing up for a whirlwind season.  I pray the Good Stuff surrounds me, and that people exhibit kindness and joy, and that each day is comfortably manageable.  I pray that nobody screams at me and that the spirit of the season touches more people than ever before.

Whew.  Here we go.

No comments: