Saturday, April 11, 2015

Medical leaves and creative projects

When I'm working full-time as a boutique manager and shopgirl, I don't seem to have the energy to come home and paint or write.  Now that I'm in recovery and will only be working a few hours a week for the next two months as my body regains strength and heals itself after cancer, I have the drive to paint and create again.

I'm still quite limited in mobility.  But standing at the easel serves me well.  I would love to write on a more serious level but until I rehabilitate my right arm, a paintbrush will have to do.

Everything I'm creating and embellishing right now tells a big story.  I have no idea if the world will ever see this stuff, nor can I think of an appropriate venue to display any of this.  It all belongs in a psychiatrist's study, where he would sit and over analyze all the delusions within...

No comments: