Sunday, August 16, 2015

Being told 'you're crazy.'

So they didn't tell me like that.  They didn't say, "yeah, you're crazy."  Instead they said things like:

"We're worried about you."

"The things you're looking for are (long pause) fleeing.  We think it'd be best if we admitted you."

"People are bothering you?  Sounds like classic paranoia to me.  These meds should stop that.  Just don't stop taking them."

Looking back at certain things, I feel like I was caught in a horror movie...like a psychological thriller.  Oh man!  Trauma!  Serious trauma!

I try to not spook myself and not get caught in the cycle that trauma creates.  I try to think of the Good People I met on my path.  I try to think of the ones whose efforts were to make me feel safe, when they saw the fear and confusion on my face.


No comments: