Sunday, April 21, 2013

Howdy from Texas...

Oh Lordy, Lordy.  I have done my fair share of supporting independent record stores over the past few days.  My brother, mother and I have been driving around Texas supporting local businesses as far as the eye can see.  We hit Cactus Records in Houston, Waterloo Records in Austin, Superflys Lone Star Music and Hastings in San Marcos and there will be more.  So far, I've picked up Wavves, Big E's Lone Star Record Hop compilation of today's best Texas Rockabilly, Rock Rock Rock French Rock 1956-1959, Wayne Hancock, used Jesus & Mary Chain, Jim White, Peter Tosh, an old Love and Rockets, Chill Arabia. Richard Ashcroft, France compilation, Paul Weller, Los Amigos Invisibles, and Los Straitjackets.  Whew!  We hung out at Gruene Hall, have wandered Austin and all bought Have A Willie Nice Day Willie Nelson t-shirts, ate lots of BBQ and are now headed down to the Gulf of Mexico to visit my dear grandpa.  Time always flies by so quickly on these trips.   Sniff!

No comments: