Friday, April 5, 2013

random acts of kindness, etc.

I survived April Fools Day unscathed.  WXRT got me last year good with that ELO brunch business.  D'oh!  I was really looking forward to an Electric Light Brunch every Sunday after Breakfast with the Beatles.  I had a nice chuckle, though, over the email from Redbox advertising the launch of new lunch meat dispensers and also the maxi tube dress offer from Urban Outfitters.  It didn't have a place to free one's arms and they were kept under wraps under the dress.  Silliness.  I wonder how many folks fell for it?

A young lady approached me at work today and said, "I just wanted to give this to you and say thanks."  It was a little card.  I thanked her and she smiled and walked away.  I opened it, and it was a bouquet of Hallmark flowers that said "Thank you" and inside was a handwritten note that read, "Thank you for your service!  You are appreciated!"  There was no signature and I did not recognize the girl who handed it to me.  It was rather sweet, actually.  A random act of kindness that I will be sure to pay forward somehow.  I do wonder what the story is behind it, though.  Hmmmm.

I am missing a friend DJing at a local bar tonight.  The thought of sitting in a bar right now sounds so dreadful to me.  Will I ever shake this funk of being a homebody?

On a far-out stretched note, I have been listening to this song again recently.  I think it may just be the most perfect rock-n-roll delivery.  Optimism, fun chord changes, and an explosively positive ending chorus:

'How does it feeeeeel to be loooooo-ooooo-oooooved?
How does it feeel to beeee looooo-oooo-ooooooved?'



Perfection.

No comments: