Saturday, March 30, 2013

here comes peter cottontail...

The countdown to vacation begins and it can't get here soon enough.  Sometimes a break from it all is the only prescription for doledrum.  I have been congested all week due to the weather, a cold, allergies, whathaveyou and irritability got the best of me when a small song research project for a lazy (and-in-a-hurry) customer resulted not in a sale, but a "oh wow-how did you find that? can you write that down so I can get it at the library?"  So rude!  That's like not leaving a tip for your server.  I wanted to clobber her or at least poke a pin to her plastic surgery face or something of this nature.  So uncharacteristic of me but it's true!  19 days til vacation!

I watched the film Italian For Beginners and it was a delightful jaunt down memory lane to my own personal recollection of taking Italian classes in college.  It was a low-budget funny camera swirling of hardships and life stories bringing together an eclectic group of characters and all the romantic hiccups that followed.  I took Italian at 8am for a semester in 1997 alongside a global group of music majors all learning to perfect their Verdi and Puccini.  Strange things transpired with a flirty Italian teacher named Franco and the melodramatic cancellation of our celebratory "arrivederci" dinner at the finale of the class.  Ah, the stuff quirky foreign films are made of.  I think I may go on an Italian film binge soon...

Keeping up with my brother in NYC this Easter weekend, he led my radar to Testament of Mary and I'm anxious to download the e-book at work tomorrow and later discuss his viewing of the play he watched tonight.  I've always felt an affinity for the subject, in ways which words cannot convey, and I am eager to be thought-provoked.   To be continued...

I wish you a Joyeuses Paques.  Peace....


No comments: