Saturday, September 5, 2015

Well, I signed up

....to do the walk, that is.  I may end up walking all by myself because I really don't have support from too many people.  I'll remain hopeful that someone can join me.  An old coworker who now has returned to a career in mental health is checking her schedule and may join up with me.  That would be nice.

I realized this past year how people will crawl out of the woodwork to shower you with love and cards and surprises from all around when you have cancer.  But if you tell them about mental illness, more than half the people I know still think it's all bullshit.

Another realization hits me as I have to gather more strength again to get through this life.  Everyone deserves support, and there's only so much support one can give to thine self.

No comments: