Friday, March 8, 2013

kapow

It was anything but an extraordinary day.  The snow outside is melting, the winter shuffles are being replaced by warmer weather and a spring in everyone's step.  It's such an odd sensation....when things start shifting...when winter lifts again and rejuvenation begins again.  I often wonder how I'd fare living in a climate that does not have such drastic changes in the seasons.

I helped about ten customers over an eight hour period....so painstakingly slow.  I alphabetized the hell outta things today.  I got on my train home, delayed by approximately seven minutes, read a little of Sarah Silverman's book on my e-reader, and shoved approximately twelve Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Nibs in my mouth (at one calorie each) and chased them down with some raw almonds.  I descended the train thirty six minutes later and walked to the bus stop.  After a few pit stops I finally made it home and chowed on pizza and watched Some Like It Hot.  Like I said, anything but an extraordinary day.

The Mister and I had a brief discussion about writing.  He told me I need to write with direction.  That I can't just sit here and type some words.  I brought up the conversation by reminiscing about those first few spring days where I pack a lunch and my notebook and find a quiet spot in a park downtown and write and write and write.  I have journals upon journals shoved with words and brief ideas but they don't seem to catapult themselves into constructed works of written art for submission.  And I know there are a million blogs floating around with the same aimless feel, but for right now, as I get back into the swing of things after a few years of a lowered mental state....this is all I gots.

Voici une chanson pour cette journee:




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think that if you go thru your journals you will find a common thread that you can turn into your narrative. and "writing with direction" is a misquote...i believe it was more along the lines of "write to an end, not just to write". turn the journal words into words that you can sell to people. otherwise it'll always just be journals and diaries that'll stack up and will contain some great ideas that will never see the light of day and reach the eyes that need to see them. write what you'd want to read, but also write what you want others to know about you and your worldview and your side of the Story (i used a capital letter because that's what it ultimately is, one big unending tale told by all of us from the beginning of life to the end of humanity).

-e