Friday, April 25, 2014

medicaments

I am researching a new drug on the market that has been suggested to me by my mind doctor.  I am doing my best on this current drug, however, at a lower dosage it has made me gain weight.  Obviously, weight gain only brings forth depression.  I am afraid to try this new drug, however, because like a previous med, it can cause inner restlessness.  And inner restlessness, in turn, gives me panic attacks.  If you've never had a panic attack, consider yourself lucky.  They are the most frightening things.

I'm waiting to hear from two other people before I make my decision to move forward with the new drug.  See, 'taking your meds' is not as simple as it sounds. There are very complicated side effects involved that can create a discomfort worse than initial symptoms themselves. It's not as simple as it seems.

One day, I would like to help out in mental health advocacy in some capacity.  I don't know how just yet, but it's on my mind.

No comments: