Monday, April 7, 2014

Writing journeys

I took a few little trips recently and tried to write a bit along the way.  I've tried my hand at poetry, and it just doesn't come naturally to me.  Still I do it, as it's a nice exercise to put complex thoughts and beliefs into a small series of word patterns.  I won't know if they make any sense until I share them with someone other than my husband.  He gets some of them, but our perspectives of the universe differ somewhat.  He tends to feel really isolated from the world of famous art-makers and/or Celebrity, as do I.  I tend to feel the effects of Social Class Difference, whereas he doesn't see The Human Side of those big ol' stars.  In this day and age, it's all a big warped sense of heavily marketed illusion though, right?  Maybe.  

Anyway, sometimes my thoughts on fame and recognition go something more like this Thai commercial:

No comments: