Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Community versus 'out there'

I'm slowly starting to feel the impact and importance of being a part of a community.  There are some road blocks having to do with difficult, strained relationships that I am not a part of but associated with nonetheless due to work, but I'm trying really hard.

And I hope I am accepted.

I am a small-scale person.  I enjoy emotional intimacy in relationships and supportive networks and given the opportunity, I choose the empathic route each and every time.

I'm not a large scale person.  I don't feel safe 'out there.'  There are dozens of different agendas and schemes and who knows what humans will do to try and incorporate or use you for their own selfish needs.  I'm not being cynical; I have experienced this behavior first hand!  It's scary and aggressive and mean.  

I only want to surround myself with good people who contribute positivity.

The only thing I know how to do is work small.  And it's a better way to build trusting relationships and TAKE THE PROPER TIME to get to know people.  God knows there's too too much distrust and judgment in the world and if we took the extra time to cultivate relationships then I feel more secure.

Anyway, I'm working towards bigger ideas but for my own mental health and sanity, I still need Good Friends.

Don't we all?

No comments: