Friday, February 21, 2014

On writing...

I was talking to my therapist the other day about art-making.  I told her that I feel like I can't write right now.  Writing and my 'mania' intertwines frequently.  My brain starts thinking and thinking and churning and it escalates into more than I can manage.  I have to walk away.

And she said, That's Okay.

Painting is better for me.  And I don't have to worry about what people think.  Because I'm doing it to help me express what I want to say.  It's not healthy for me to paint for someone else, to paint to try and be part of something bigger.  I'm just going to paint for me.  That's where I am at in my treatment.

I do still love writing.  But I think I'm going to take a more 'journalistic' approach to my writing.  Not so much creative story-telling.  Essays and such.

Here is what I will slowly work on next:

blogcabinofmidwesternsensibility.blogspot.com

No comments: