Friday, January 31, 2014

shake your body down to the ground

I try to unwind and decompress when and if at all possible.  Music uplifts, talking to certain close friends provides solace, and creative surges kind of take me to a different place where stress and financial worries don't bog me down. 

I went out dancing last night and slept in late today since I didn't have work to go to.  I made friends with one of the regulars, Ricardo the spiritual-release maniac dancer, and he couldn't be a lovelier person.  He gets off work late, throws his backpack in the corner, and does a unique series of dances which look like intense, rhythmic sun and god salutations.  Eyes closed, concentration thick.  People stare and laugh and gawk at his expressions, but he doesn't care.  He found me on the dance floor and we smiled, introduced ourselves, shook hands and gave each other a hug.  He is giving up dancing for Lent this year, he said, so I may not see him much til after Easter.  As my dancing companion friend said, "I don't know if I can believe in a God who would want Ricardo to give up dancing."

I had to cancel my plans to meet up with an old friend in my hometown tomorrow.  She's teaching one of those essential oils classes which she has trying to get me on board with, but I just don't have the train traveling money nor the beaucoup bucks to spend on herbal plant essence remedies at this time.  She swears it will help me with my anxiety and depression.  I'm willing to try anything at this point, but I've sadly already put myself in small debt trying to figure out a 'cure' already...


No comments: