Thursday, June 5, 2014

Digital Bohemian

In the small talk at work, our relation to social media is apparent in our daily conversations.  I am not Facebook friends with my staff for professional purposes, except to like their creative pages.  I was finally urged to join Pinterest and ohmygoodness, it's silly fun.  I haven't really gotten too involved just yet, but one of my coworkers told me I'm a DIgital Bohemian and it made me giggle.  

In the past, I've participated in forums where people weren't exactly too kind, but sometimes an interesting conversation would pop up.  In my first foray into the internet, I befriended a group of gals on a musician's message board and who would have thunk we'd be in touch all these years later?  It's really quite remarkable that I've felt more bonded to strangers on the internet at times than I have with real life folks.  Perhaps it's the old fashioned written word that I love so well.  In college I had a group of really funny guy friends who were all talented writers and we used to write each other letters pretending we were living in the Civil War era.  We were all so funny and imaginative back then...I miss those friends.

So, having said that, I know I have a few readers here.  Why not comment every so often?  Why so voyeuristic?  I appreciate sincere human interaction, you know.  I wonder sometimes....

No comments: