Sunday, June 22, 2014

Importance of famille

Throughout my life journey, family has been integral.  We may not get along all the time, nor are we always effectively communicative.  When grief strikes and one of our leaders of the family moves on, emotional turmoil can wreak havoc.  Our structure crumbles somewhat, and sometimes the silliest fights become grudges.  Therapy sure would help a lot of people process things healthily rather than turn things into repressed emotion and anger.  But most are against therapy.  Sometimes I think it's because people might be afraid to get honest with one another.  None of us are perfect, so why must we live like we expect perfection from everyone?  We are humans.  Embrace our flaws.

When I finally had the chance to go to Europe and meet relatives for the first time, my whole world view changed.  Among all the new sites and discoveries I was exploring during that summer in the late nineties, I also learned of UNCONDITIONAL love from ma famille en France.  They were so honored that I saved up all the money myself because I wanted to know them.  It was incredible discovery that still warms my heart.  Despite our distances, family is in our hearts forever.

And I do believe they continue to guide us.  This I know is true.

No comments: