Saturday, June 14, 2014

Friends in Need

I've been having a rough few days with the illness.  My husband is learning about it and I'm able to express myself in a safe place with him.  He's able to help me.  He is trying so hard to be my biggest support and I love him for that.  It's one thing to have people who 'care about you' but it's another thing to be supportive.

I have met many friends in need over these years.  I will never forget how I felt in that ER years upon years ago and how I was lifted.  It gave me hope.  I want to help my friends in need if they ever hit that point.  But I am small and there's not much I can do.  All I can do is be there.  All I can do is be a friend.

As I'm moving forward learning who my real friends are, I have such profound appreciation for those who love me when they know I have this stupid awful illness.  Moving forward, I am only going to surround myself with friends.



Friends.  Can I say it one more time?  Haha.

No comments: