Friday, May 23, 2014

Mental Health Marathon Mania Spree

As this Awareness Month starts to wind down, I hope I can keep on truckin' along and get through this really shitty illness.  It's totally shitty.  I hate it.  I'm reaching out to support groups to try and find some freaky friends.  It's nice to have someone to talk to about all the side effects of these medications.  It's also nice to have someone to laugh with about all the crazy manic moments of our pasts and all those things we saw that weren't really there.  There are loads of people fighting this thing everyday, and I'm determined to connect with them.  I'll continue going dancin' at the club when I can with my fellow maniac friends I'm slowly making on the dancefloor.


I can't predict what the future holds.  I've got this weird sort of intuitive psychic thing at times, but I'm not always in touch with it.  It comes and goes, and it seems to be tied to my 'mania.'  I can't explain it.  And I certainly know now to keep my mouth shut about it in the presence of certain Mental Health Professionals.  The mind is a CRAZY POWERFUL thing, so full of mystery, kinda scary at times yet so full of potential.

 I often joke with my staff that I feel like I hold a sort of honorary degree in social psychology having worked in customer service for over twenty years now.  One time I helped a certain someone with a particular song he was looking for at my old book&musicstore job.  He said to me, with an omniscient sort of incredulous demeanor filled with lots of disbelieving shakes of the head:

"I bet you get all kinds of crazy questions asked of you all the time."

And I was like, yes, my friend, nobody would ever believe me in a million years.  He was a cool dude.  I hope our paths cross again someday down the road.  I think he might 'get' me a little bit more than the Mental Health Professionals might.



No comments: