Friday, May 30, 2014

Pills and silly poems

I gots me a free month supply of new meds!  Just like my free pack coupons from American Spirit when I used to smoke, they'll get me into it and lure me in with free product then BAM they'll be making lots of money off of me.

Oh well.  C'est la vie.

I'm not as cynical as I sound, really.  I just like to remain aware of things.  I'm so much happier not having to take four different psych meds at a time.  The mono therapy works so much better for me.  I can actually feel my emotions again and I am better in tune with my body.  Whew!

So the Latuda is supposed to help with bipolar depression.  There is no proven study that it helps with mania.  If I were a guinea pig, I'd like to be called Mabel.  If Mabel starts to turn into Manic Mabel, well, then we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.  I wouldn't mind a mild mania every once in awhile.  As long as I sleep each night, I can handle it.  As long as I sleep normally, I can function just fine.  It's the depression, that lousy rotten depression, that I truly despise.  And if I could just earn a little bit more money to be a bit more comfortable and be able to afford insurance and doctors and drugs and therapists and dentists and the fancy groceries and essential oils, I'd be doing even better.

Here's my limerick for the day:

I'm starting a drug called Latuda
It will probably make me feel Gouda
Like a fine cheese
And the bees' knees
Look out for my new Attituda

Hahahaha.  I always like to write dumb poems and odes to my medications.  Hopefully one day it will come true!



No comments: